Tired of ending the school day with smudges of black eyeshadow and liner everywhere? We hear ya.
Introducing: The Classroom Smokey Eye.
This look is light enough that it won’t wind up all over your face during a crazy day, while definitely still packing on the drama. Using mauve and plum shades instead of harsher grays and blacks keep you from appearing worn out under those super unflattering fluorescent lights, and leave you looking awesome without seeming like you tried too hard.
Here’s how it’s done…
- Swipe on an eye primer to make sure everything stays in place.
- Apply a light shimmery shadow onto your lid, bringing it up into the crease. I (as usual!) am using my favorite Stila shadow in the shade Kitten.
- Use a highlighting crayon on your brow bone, the inner corner, and along the lower lash line.
Take a dusty pink shadow and apply it in the crease, the outer V of your eyelid and halfway across your lower lash line.
- Choose a deeper plum shade and use it to darken the outer half of the crease and the outer V. This creates that gorgeous depth and smoky look!
- Add some liquid liner and curl your lashes.
- Apply a little black mascara to the upper and lower lashes to finish the look.
I paired this smokey eye with some burgundy-brown lips to amp up the drama even more. Here’s the final product!